Why Work With Overland Junction?
At Overland Junction, our mission is to help more people spend more time outside. We are a firefighter-owned small business with high-quality products and unmatched customer service.
Affiliates vs. Dealers
Affiliates: Earn a commission (up to 5%) by referring people to our website to purchase any product in our store.
Dealers: Earn a generous margin by selling our products themselves, whether at their physical retail location or on their own e-commerce store.
Affiliates: Can refer customers to any product in our store, including top adventure brands like OVS, Roofnest, Tuff Stuff, Freespirit, Sherpa, Prinsu, Tuwa Pro, CBI, and Cali Raised LED.
Affiliates: Don't have one. You might have social media accounts, a blog, an email list, a review site, or another avenue by which you attract traffic and refer those customers to us.
Dealers: May range from brick and mortar retail stores, to e-commerce stores with inventory, to drop-shipping e-commerce stores.
Affiliates: None. You are simply referring the customer to us (you rarely ever know who they are) and we handle everything. You earn a commission simply for sourcing the customer.
Dealers: Lots. The customer is yours. Whether you're online only or in person, the customer "walks" into your store. You handle questions, communication, issues, etc. We are of course here to help throughout the process.
Affiliates: Affiliates earn up to 5% of each sale. On some rooftop tents, that can mean up to $200 just for one successful referral.
Dealers: Dealers earn a significantly larger margin. We have tiers based on drop shipping vs. stocking and single orders vs. bulk orders. Our margins are extremely competitive.
Affiliates: Super simple, straightforward process that you can finish right now in just a moment or two. See more below.
Dealers: Much more involved, as you are representing our brand to customers. We will ask for things like company name and business address, contact name and address, FEIN, sales tax certificates, experience, locations, customer acquisition channels, etc. We will also sign a detailed dealer contract if we end up working together.
***Ready? Get Started As A Dealer***
Or, Get Started As An Affiliate
Details on the Overland Junction Affiliate Program
- Commission rates vary based upon amount of sales generated per month. Typical is 5%
- 30-day cookies
- $20 minimum payout amount
- Payments are made via PayPal on the 1st week of every month, after a 30 day grace period from the point of sale
- We rarely work with coupon sites, and they are subject to approval
The process is very simple:
- Visitor clicks on an affiliate banner or link on your site or in an email.
- The visitor's IP is logged and a cookie is placed in their browser for tracking purposes.
- The visitor browses our site and may decide to order.
- If the visitor orders (the order does not need to be placed during the same browser session – cookies and IPs are stored up to a configurable amount of time), the order will be registered as a sale for you and you will receive a commission for this sale. Please note that some visitors choose to cancel or return their orders within 30 days of purchase; you will receive no commission for an order that was ultimately cancelled or returned.
Link To Any Page On Our Site!
- Simply add your affiliate code to the end of any page URL on our site and it now becomes an affiliate link for you.
- Ex: If my affiliate code was ABC, and I wanted to link to the homepage, my link would look like this - http://overlandjunction?ref=ABC
- Simply add the ?ref=ABC to any page on our site using your affiliate code, and any page can be an affiliate link for you.
What We're Looking for
After submitting the application, we’ll review it for the following things:
- You have a website or blog, preferably with a top-level domain, i.e. yourwebsite.com - OR other reputable traffic methods
- You have a quality website/blog design
- Other miscellaneous considerations including website/blog following and content, social media following/content, and perceived ability for your site to perform successfully in our affiliate program
- We will not work with affiliates who use paid ads of any kind targeting our Overland Junction name or any specific brands we work with, and we rarely work with coupon sites
Why Become an Overland Junction Affiliate?
- Access to the Most Exciting Products in Overlanding and Family Camping
Overland Junction works with the best brands with the most exciting overlanding products on the market, making us the #1 Store for Roof Top Tents. By working with us, you are given the opportunity to make money off of the products you love using and talking about.
Most of our current affiliates have web or social media followings where they are already talking about our products, but are simply linking directly to manufacturers of the products on their site without earning a commission.
By linking to the products on our site, our affiliates are now able to make 5% or more - this is higher than Amazon's commission structure!
- High Conversion Rates
Your readers, subscribers, and fans are given the opportunity to work with the top-notch customer service team at Overland Junction, giving them a higher likelihood of finding what they need, and buying. Plus, we offer 30-day cookies so if they don't buy on their first visit, you still get credit if the visitor purchases within 30 days of their first visit.
- Collaborative Partnership
We view our affiliates as key partners and want to help you add value to your audience! We will help provide ideas for content revolving around our products and, unlike most other affiliate programs, we truly care about each and every one of your audience members that you send our way.
- Easy Payment Setup
After you hit the minimum payment sum of $20, we will pay you via your PayPal account on the 1st week of every month, after a 30-day grace period from the date of sale. All you have to do is sign up for our affiliate program, refer sales to our site, provide your PayPal information, and wait for your payments to roll in!